Monday, August 30, 2010

PUBLIC DIPLOMACY (AM SESSION)


Last Saturday, we were asked to attend 2 seminars as part of our make up class. 9:05AM after I got my EAF in the school registrar, together with my classmates we were in a hurry so we went right away in the auditorium thinking we were already late.

In the registration area, I noticed some of my block mates ID107 was part of the SEMCDA class, as I wrote my name we exchanged our hi-hello's. I asked them if the session already started and when they said not yet we went down to eat breakfast.

When we came back, JD told me that the seminar is about to start. I should say that we have the best seat. On top of me is the router for the Wi-Fi internet connection and right accross us is the air-condition. And that promise a cozy and comfortable seminar. One of my batch mates Boy, came to me and told me that he is so worried since out of the 6 or 7 speakers they requested, only one was able to attend.

The seminar started the speaker was from the Department of tourism, when the seminar started he told the crown that he would rather speak spontaneously than to prepare for a slide show of discussion for us.

The topic was about Public Diplomacy. The session lasted for I think about 45 minutes only and that gave a long time for the open forum. As expected, most questions was about the hostage taking tragedy. On how the Dept. Of Tourism is planning to promote our country again after what had happened. I remember Sam one of my classmates in PHIFOCY class asked the speaker on why is it that traveling to the Philippines or within the Philippines is more expensive than traveling abroad. Sam, being the creative girl that she is even made an image/ drawing about the forum.

The best quote that I will always remember from this forum was:

You are the BEST and NUMBER ONE Ambassador of your country.


and yes, we are. and we will be


No comments:

Post a Comment