Friday, August 6, 2010

AUGUST 2, 2010 SESSION

AUGUST 2, 2010 SESSION
Tonight’s session was great. We discussed about VFA (Visiting forces agreement). The first part of the class we were given an article to read and study. 2 different articles. For the ones seated on the left and the one seated on the right. Luckily I was seated on the right near the door. Our article was about arguing and negating the VFA. Which is great because I can feel the rant of my author. It's like he's putting my rant in his writings. The feeling was mutual. Our professor said that the topic was boring. But I personally think its fun. And you get to be nationalistic because of the issue.

I think VFA is about exploitation. Its about taking advantage of the Philippines. Just like the famous case of Daniel Smith, its a question of your nationals or the US? I remember my professor repeating the same question most of the time in the discussion. Many people can lay down the benefits of this agreement to me but I am still against it. This agreement clearly violates the sovereignty of the state of our country, of the Philippines.

With VFA, for me it’s a question of importance. Importance of connection with your country’s allies or importance of your country’s most treasured investment, your people.

No comments:

Post a Comment